Re: A Serious Scientific Report

Post by CaptSolo »

"The planet America is frequently plagued by lethal stupidity."
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

CaptSolo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:41 pm "The planet America is frequently plagued by lethal stupidity."
<sniggers> Nice!
Who was it that set up a system, a supposedly democratic system
Where you end up always voting for the lesser of two evils?
GearsNSuch
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GearsNSuch »

CaptSolo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:41 pm "The planet America is frequently plagued by lethal stupidity."
Apparently not so frequent that we couldn't whip someone soundly in a revolutionary war, hm!

[/patriotism]
Cholmondely
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: The Delightful Domains of Her Most Britannic Majesty

Post by Cholmondely »

GearsNSuch wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:37 am
Apparently not so frequent that we couldn't whip someone soundly in a revolutionary war, hm!

[/patriotism]
Revolutionary? Was it that much of a revolution? Really? Look at what Germany (east & west), France and Russia have gone through in the past 250-odd years, and then look at me in the eyes and tell me it was a real major massive revolution...
Denizen of the Dark and Dismal Deserts of Digebiti.

Milo wrote Dancing the Gavotte
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

[/patriotism]
Yeah, you really whipped them hard. Just remember me how many followers of your insane cult leader and members of the criminal organization pretending to be a party are now charged with insurgency ?
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cody

Re: A Serious Plumbing Report

Post by Cody »

Last week, a water pipe in the flat above mine sprung a leak. Unfortunately, the idiot who lives there didn't notice. I noticed when the water started coming though my bedroom ceiling at two o'clock in the morning. I've spent the last five nights sleeping in a guest house while things get sorted out. On top of that, I've had to cancel my autumn vacation for the second year running! I'm tired and I'm tetchy!
Who was it that set up a system, a supposedly democratic system
Where you end up always voting for the lesser of two evils?
GearsNSuch
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GearsNSuch »

montana05 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:39 am

[/patriotism]
Yeah, you really whipped them hard. Just remember me how many followers of your insane cult leader and members of the criminal organization pretending to be a party are now charged with insurgency ?
Pardon? Where’d this come from?

EDIT: Ah, I was referring to the American Revolutionary War. There’s a large contingent of Brits on this board, and I have a habit of poking fun at them for losing their colony. But yes, 100% what Disembodied said below.
Last edited by GearsNSuch on Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Maybe we should draw a line underneath this, folks. If we start comparing "Who's got the worst/most criminal leaders", we'll never stop.
Cholmondely
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Cholmondely »

GearsNSuch wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:18 pm
montana05 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:39 am

[/patriotism]
Pardon? Where’d this come from?

EDIT: Ah, I was referring to the American Revolutionary War. There’s a large contingent of Brits on this board, and I have a habit of poking fun at them for losing their colony. But yes, 100% what Disembodied said below.
I was not aware that we had much left, colony-wise. Ever since John Lackland lost Normandy, it's been a downwards trend...

montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

GearsNSuch wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:18 pm EDIT: Ah, I was referring to the American Revolutionary War. There’s a large contingent of Brits on this board, and I have a habit of poking fun at them for losing their colony. But yes, 100% what Disembodied said below.
My apology, I should have thought about that. The original post just reminded me of a much more resent wanna-be-revolution. However, I do agree, lets change the topic and keep the peace. :oops:
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
GearsNSuch
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GearsNSuch »

montana05 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:05 pm
GearsNSuch wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:18 pm EDIT: Ah, I was referring to the American Revolutionary War. There’s a large contingent of Brits on this board, and I have a habit of poking fun at them for losing their colony. But yes, 100% what Disembodied said below.
My apology, I should have thought about that. The original post just reminded me of a much more resent wanna-be-revolution. However, I do agree, lets change the topic and keep the peace. :oops:
No hard feelings! I should have been clearer anyways.
GearsNSuch
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GearsNSuch »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:55 pm I was not aware that we had much left, colony-wise. Ever since John Lackland lost Normandy, it's been a downwards trend...
Which begs the question- if there was a multi-planet empire, would one say that “the suns never set on x empire”? Don’t know if that really works.
Cholmondely
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Cholmondely »

GearsNSuch wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:14 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:55 pm I was not aware that we had much left, colony-wise. Ever since John Lackland lost Normandy, it's been a downwards trend...
Which begs the question- if there was a multi-planet empire, would one say that “the suns never set on x empire”? Don’t know if that really works.
I'm not sure that "not-working" would stop somebody saying it...

GearsNSuch
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by GearsNSuch »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:27 pm
GearsNSuch wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:14 pm
I'm not sure that "not-working" would stop somebody saying it...
Fair enough. I suppose it becomes even more meaningless with thought. Own a square inch of turf on a tidally-locked body and bam, the sun never sets on your empire. Before you know it there’d be companies selling bits of property as sunset-proof “empires.”