Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 8:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous 191 92 93 94 95
 Post subject: Re: Scripters cove
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:04 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Fantastic Spara! I hadn't noticed the static methods on the wiki page - don't know if I'm blind or just hadn't scrolled down far enough. With a bit of thought, it should should be able to write a script to log all the various roles for the oxp ships, and then regex that into a format that can be dropped into a spreadsheet. Then there should be something like the core list table I linked to earlier, and then I will be able to make an informed decision on what to alter.

All without the hassle of unzipping each oxp and manually looking through the plists!

I believe that this will only work with the roles used by the populator. Ships often had their own unique role for use in missions and such, and added by scripts, would still appear with the same frequency regardless of any tinkering (unless I delve in to all oxps to check spawning scripts, but that seems like even more work than I can be bothered with at this moment in time.)

And once I do know what I want to alter, it might be that Redspear's find and replace trick would be a quick and easy hack, depending on the outcome of the various lists.

I knew it was worth asking here before starting a long and tedious process!

The next stage once I'm happy with all the ships would be to look at the stations. The problem with a perfectionist nature is that I want everything to be set up before I start playing the game, and the problem with real life is that it takes up time. I suspect I'll actually start my new commander at some point in the spring/summer. In the meantime I'll have to be content with the dark side of editing and tweaking...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:11 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Quote:
...The problem with a perfectionist nature is that I want everything to be set up before I start playing the game...
And then a new version of the game pops up or some oxp gets updated so that the game just isn't the same that it was when you started your game. And you just have to start over again. Luckily I kind of like the early game build phase, since the farthest I have ever got with Oolite is the second chart.... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:44 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Well, I'm starting simply in my task of selection and am just focusing on inserting the various complete shipsets and making sure that they all work nicely together.

What I have noticed is that some of these have their own buoys defined. Is there an obvious way to ensure that the main buoys used in a system are used from the same shipset as the main station? Or am I going to need to write a script to check and replace these myself?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous 191 92 93 94 95