What's in the box:
- A set of re-playable, optional missions for the local area (ie mostly completable within 1-4 jumps).
- Broad mix of mission types available: rescue, delivery, piracy, recovery, hunter, covert, and donation missions. Over 50 different types and variations.
- Mostly short-form (rather than long-play) missions.
- No new ships or stations, and only a small amount of new equipment. I'm trying to reuse existing game assets in (hopefully) new and interesting ways.
- Includes concept of mission chaining, where the completion of one mission initiates a second, which will then trigger a third, and so on.
- Reputation with galactic entities can give player better commodity prices, equipment purchase rebates, even rebates on ship purchases. Achieve awards for higher reputation. A positive or negative change to one entity can automatically produce a positive or negative change to another.
What's not in the box:
- A meta-mission, or some type of plot-driven story. I've got one planned, but it's not implemented yet.
- Bulletin Board System, for offering missions to player. You'll need to get the latest version of this (0.27).
- Broadcast Comms MFD, used for ship-to-ship comms,
- Email system, additional interface for offering player missions
If you'd like to contribute to this project in any way, either by testing the missions, writing some new mission text, fine-tuning of anything and everything, suggesting new missions, even just batting around ideas, please jump right on in! I could use all the help I can get on this one. Happy to go into more detail on any part of the OXP.
There's a RTF document in the "Resources" sub-folder of the OXP, which goes over some of the basics of how mission detail text is created. If you'd like to write some additional details, this is probably the best place to start. Feel free to PM me with your samples if the thought of editing a JS file makes you break out in a cold sweat.
I've created a wiki page with more information: GalCop Missions
The download links for version 0.3.6 is available via the download manager, or you can also download it here: GalCopMissions.oxz, or GalCopMissions.zip, depending on your preference for installation. The oxz version can be put, as-is, into your AddOns folder. The zip version will need the "GalCopMissions.oxp" folder extracted to the AddOns folder. I'll add this to the Download Manager once a few people have given it a bit of a shake-down cruise to find any major glitches/oversights.