[Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

User avatar
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: [Release] Clear HUD and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Tichy »

version 1.2.2: Talkative compass script updated with the new version from Aad-Hud.

User avatar
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Tichy »

Update 2012-11-18 (ver. 1.3)
  • From this version, the updating talkative space compass by spara is no longer included. At the moment, there are two similar enhancements Updating TSC by spara, and Detination ETA by wildeblood.
  • New huds for red and docked conditions.
  • Rearranged shields and energy gauges.
  • Removed the additional energy/shielsd gauges from the yellow condition hud.
  • Added Energy/shields gauges under the crosshair when in red condition.
  • When docked, the message screen replaces the scanner
Go to first post for screenshots and download. ;)
Last edited by Tichy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 11:12 pm
Location: Bradford, UK. (Anarchic)

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Tricky »

Tichy wrote:Update 2013-11-18 (ver. 1.3)
Nothing wrong with the OXP, but I can't wait a whole year for the release. Same with all the dates on the OP. :lol:

User avatar
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Tichy »

Tricky wrote:
Tichy wrote:Update 2013-11-18 (ver. 1.3)
Nothing wrong with the OXP, but I can't wait a whole year for the release. Same with all the dates on the OP. :lol:
ooops... :lol:

time travel... it confuses me :mrgreen:

User avatar
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 6310
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Aboard the Pitviper S.E. "Blackwidow"

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Diziet Sma »

Tichy wrote:ooops... :lol:

time travel... it confuses me :mrgreen:
You think that's bad.. try moving between parallel universes.. you have no idea how effed-up this joint is, to someone from the Culture. :wink:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied

User avatar
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Tichy »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Tichy wrote:ooops... :lol:

time travel... it confuses me :mrgreen:
You think that's bad.. try moving between parallel universes.. you have no idea how effed-up this joint is, to someone from the Culture. :wink:
Ian Banks... I have it on my to-read list ;)

User avatar
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 6310
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Aboard the Pitviper S.E. "Blackwidow"

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Diziet Sma »

Be sure to read them in their published order.. the Culture novels, at least.. 8)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied

User avatar
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Tichy »

Update 2012-01-12 (ver. 1.3-2)
  • Tested with Oolite 1.77
  • Better compatibility with Troomp.oxp when used with BGS
Download: https://www.box.com/s/8m0m4f3rxw1xwl2qcd1r

@Diziet Sma: I just brought all the Culture novels plus Feersum Endjinn. I'm now reading this one. I like it! It reminds me of those second wave cyberpunk novels like Snow crash and Mindplayers.
Last edited by Tichy on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 2161
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:07 am
Location: Western Australia
Contact:

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Wildeblood »

Tichy wrote:Better compatibility with Troomp.oxp.
That comment piques my curiosity. What did you change and why?

(You might want to remove the reference to Sniper Sight from the subject line, and the broken download link.)

User avatar
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Tichy »

Wildeblood wrote:
Tichy wrote:Better compatibility with Troomp.oxp.
That comment piques my curiosity. What did you change and why?
An aesthetic fix. I made the background of message_gui (and comm_log_gui) completely transparent in the hud used when docked. Otherwise, using BGS, the background of the "Value" column would be darkened.
Wildeblood wrote:(You might want to remove the reference to Sniper Sight from the subject line, and the broken download link.)
That's sad... :( However, I'll remove it. Unless you let me load it on my box.com folder. In that case, I'll fix the dl link.

User avatar
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 2161
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:07 am
Location: Western Australia
Contact:

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Wildeblood »

Tichy wrote:Unless you let me load it on my box.com folder. In that case, I'll fix the dl link.
I don't mind you or anyone spreading it around, but I can't vouch for it still working. I took all my OXPs down and I'm just re-uploading them one at a time as (if) I get around to testing/fixing them for Oolite 1.77.

User avatar
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Tichy »

Wildeblood wrote:
Tichy wrote:Unless you let me load it on my box.com folder. In that case, I'll fix the dl link.
I don't mind you or anyone spreading it around, but I can't vouch for it still working. I took all my OXPs down and I'm just re-uploading them one at a time as (if) I get around to testing/fixing them for Oolite 1.77.
When I have some time, I'll test it. Meanwhile, I'll upload it and I'll add an alert saying that Snuper sight for Clear HUD is untested with the version 1.77. :)

Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Astrobe »

This HUD is well thought-out. The only thing I miss is the little red dot in the centre of the cross-hair and/or target sensitivity. I know there's a compatible version of sniper sight for this hud, but I find sniper HUD too unreliable. Auto-crosshair OXP doesn't seem to work properly with it either. So I regretfully had to pick another HUD, but I recommend it if the targeting little issue doesn't bother you.

User avatar
Tichy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Tichy »

Thank you for the appreciation. :)
For target sensitivity, at first it was enabled... but I did't liked it. I found that sometimes is unreliable (I was able to hit ships when the reticle was green) and distracting. To know when I hit my target, I prefer listening to the laser sound.
However, you can enable it by changing the line "reticle_target_sensitive" in hud-yellow and hud-red.

Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Re: [Release] Clear HUD 1.3 and Sniper Sight for Clear HUD

Post by Astrobe »

Tichy wrote:Thank you for the appreciation. :)
For target sensitivity, at first it was enabled... but I did't liked it. I found that sometimes is unreliable (I was able to hit ships when the reticle was green) and distracting. To know when I hit my target, I prefer listening to the laser sound.
However, you can enable it by changing the line "reticle_target_sensitive" in hud-yellow and hud-red.
Thanks a lot. I did try that before but I probably did the edit in the wrong file. Now I can use it again.

Post Reply