BGS - The BackgroundSet
Authors: P.A.Groove, Phantor Gorth, Thargoid, Tricky & Svengali
Backgroundset (or short BGS) ships more than 130 sounds, images for all standard GUI-Screens and visual effects for docking/launching and hyperjumping. It enhances the overall look and feel of the game and is expandable. BGS 2.5.1 requires Library 1.7.1.
Oolite will never be the same. It feels like a whole new game.
A quick overview about its features:
- FX engine sounds for player ships.
- Radio chatter when in the aegis of the main station.
- FX when docked on standard GUI screens.
- All natively supported sounds by Oolite.
- Background images for all standard GUI screens.
- Timed countdowns (via patch for other soundpacks available too).
- Visual effect for launching/docking, hyperjumps and exits.
- OXPs can define own engine sounds, countdowns, chatter and docking sequence textures.
- Documentation for OXP-developers.
- Configurable through Library.
- Joystick jitter handling.