Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:45 am 
Average
Average

Just wondering if anyone has successfully built the latest oolite from source on Fedora 22.

Currently I'm getting a jsapi.h fatal error (yes its there in the deps) and was wondering if anyone else had covered this?

I noticed an old post from a few years ago where someone was having a similar sort of problem and it related to the fact that GNUmake was pulling in the nspr libs over the top of the js ones..... dont know if that is relevant though.

Been bumping my head on this one for a few days now..

Cheers

Last edited by Getafix on Mon May 18, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marked as "Solved"

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:57 am 
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).
Hello patndave and welcome!

I presume you are on a 64bit distro right? Till we get our hands on a Fedora22 machine (virtual or not)... allow me to slightly abuse this thread by asking, is the installer provided by oolite.org download page working?
I'm asking because we had addressed some cases in the past (very very very past) with Fedora.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:30 am 
Average
Average

Downloaded and tried the package - works like a dream.

So its def something to do with the compile..... will do some more digging and find out.....

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:44 am 

Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).
...go to Oolite source root folder and
Code:
$ cd deps/Linux-deps/x86_64/lib_linker/ 
$ ls
$ ./make_so_links.sh
$ ls
$ cd ../../../..
$ make -f Makefile distclean
$ make -f Makefile pkg-posix-snapshot
...I just added the ls commands so that you visually check that 8 symbolic links have been created in the lib_linker folder.
So, does this do the trick and completes the compilation?

By the way, how did you get the source code (e.g. "git clone ..." command, downloaded from github.org, etc.)?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:49 pm 
Average
Average

Well you guys are genius's - its currently compiling.... will verify that it all works once it finishes.... and yup! got a package and it then installs & runs... wonderful!

FYI I pulled it with "git" as per the instructions on the wiki (http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Running_Oolite-Linux) which worked perfectly.

As a newbie to "git" I found this guide -> http://rogerdudler.github.io/git-guide/ very useful and simple to understand how & what for git.

Now I can start playing with the source!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:26 am 

Glad to have been of help. :)

Please, note that making the target distclean also cleans the libraries builds (e.g. SpiderMonkey JavaScript engine, etc.).
Library code changes are more than rare, so to gain some build-time and clean just the Oolite code, the following should be enough
Code:
$ make -f Makefile clean