Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:43 pm 
Competent
Competent

I'm back. ;)

In the meantime, I've done a lot of playtesting with Oolite, installing it also on a clean machine (Windows 8.1 64, Italian). Doing this, I can confirm that the game totally ignore Italian keyboard layout.

In fact, every Olite function is always mapped on the italian key IN THE POSITION of the english key that usually activate te feature.

For example: with "?" (the key near the "0", shifted), i turn on/off my weapons. With "<" (the key near left shift) I can browse the compass...

So, everything is positional and based on the english layout...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:55 pm 
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

This is true and has been like that for years (at least since 1.65 for sure). On Windows, there is built-in support only for US and UK keyboard layouts. Everything other layout is as you say, positional and based on the UK keyboard. You will find it's the same also with other foreign layouts.

This is a known issue and is already registered on our github trqacker (issue #116).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:36 pm 
Competent
Competent

Thanks.

May be this problem is also related with this issue? (To summarize it: under my italian Mac, the keyboard is correct and "Trading Assistant" extension is a little faulty. Under my PC, the situation is inverted...).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:31 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

In the meantime Marte, after seeing your original post, I suggested to Svengali that he update his Keyconfig tool to include support for Italian keyboards, which he has now done. Perhaps it can be of some help?

You can get it from here: http://oolite.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11600

Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:11 pm 
Competent
Competent

Quote:
In the meantime Marte, after seeing your original post, I suggested to Svengali that he update his Keyconfig tool to include support for Italian keyboards, which he has now done. Perhaps it can be of some help?

You can get it from here: http://oolite.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11600
Thanks again.

Now I'm plaing with keyboard, joypad (an old USB device, WITHOUT analog stick... :D ) and I'm confortable also with positional keys... ;)

By the way, every tool is useful, in my opinion. :) May be I'm not the only italian in space. :P