And this add a new path: the pirate redemption path!
Where you struggle to become positive again, without being killed by other pirates...
Actually it would just be nice to see the original idea in production.
Not trying to complicate it.
Trying to find the easiest or best way it could be done, if done at all.
The easiest way it could be done, as you wrote it yourself, is by "scoring".
The oxp must :
- calculate a pirate score for the player (something like a number between -10 and 10) depending on rank, bounty level, and why not other scores from other oxps (your score as a bounty hunter if it exists, perhaps) (that's the "scoring" part).
- recalculate that score depending on the evolutions of these other scores (rank, bounty level...) (that's the "listening" part)
- implementing behaviors depending on the score, and behavior changes depending on the score changing (that's the "executing" part), a bit more about this subject below.
- having the pirate score available for other oxps on-demand or via publication after subscription, allowing the other oxps to act depending on it (that's the "API" part)
Concerning the behaviors depending on the pirate score, there are 4 different types:
- simple programmed recurrent functions, operated regularly; a list is maintained by the oxp, and may be added to by other oxps (API),
- simple programmed function operated at the universe demand (core Oolite events or another oxp) ; a list per event, maintained by the oxp, and may be added to by other OXPs (API),
- complex behaviors specific to the oxp.
Now, in such a system, your propositions are easy to implement:
- GalNavy/Bounty Hunters friendliness/opposition towards the player could be changed through the relevant oxps when the pirate score change,
- station fee are calculated depending on your pirate score on the docking event (core Oolite events),
- escort number is changed (and checked?) when the pirate score change, and regularly to check the recent plunder ("These pirates are treated like escorts but will stay as long as the plunder is good."),
- "trader dump and run instead of fighting probability": I don't know if the probability is scriptable,
- "take over a station": this would be a specific OXP, similar in spirit to Home system
: Home station. But you could script in the Pirate OXP the fact that when you destroy a Station, it becomes your Home Station
, or "Directly tied to Rank and number of followers",
- "Target facility become Friendly treated as home system with bonuses to markets and services there.", "Also the more the player pirate gains in rank or reputation the more ships and equipment will become available in the home base.": Home Station OXP
- "Specialty Equipment, and Gear": in your Home Station, or in listed other stations, or station types.
Your other propositions are mainly:
- oxps dependencies.
Re-reading this post, I realize that:
- this system including "scoring+registering functions to influence scoring+registering to be informed of score modifications+scoring request/answer" is similar to the one I put into place in Diplomacy (well it was a scoring not of one player but of each System to System relation, but that's the same, really).
- this system could be put into its own utility OXP, and used by others.
Would that interest people?