Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:52 am 
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I'm tempted to port it but I'd need to charge a $1. Is that possible / allowed? I'd use the gyro to help with the controls ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:03 am 
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Hi Dom ... see this thread – especially Ahruman's comments on the potential amount of work involved. One interesting one is
Quote:
[...] the chances of Oolite being preemptively rejected from the App Store as a potential copyright violation are quite high, and I don’t care to speculate how FrontierDev would respond if it wasn’t.
Current opinion is that we only get away with Oolite because nobody is making any money from it: non-commerciality is our only defence. When they started trying to charge money for Elite: TNK was when David Braben's lawyers stepped in with the injunctions. So even if the App store didn't reject it as a copyright violation to begin with, chances are they would pull it very shortly after receiving a cease and desist letter from Frontier Developments. And then the fun would start ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:06 am 
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

That's a shame but understandable. A multiplayer version using the gyro would rock.