Oolite Bulletins
http://bb.aegidian.org/

Galactic Navy Strikes Back
http://bb.aegidian.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6299
Page 14 of 18

Author:  Switeck [ Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

Quote:
Why don't you just make a shipdata-overrides.plist that puts the proper scripts into the behemoths ships that need it and put that file in the Galactic Navy oxp.?
I think that might cause problems for people who do not have the Behemoth OXP installed which is to be modified. It'd be an override for a missing ship. Going forwards, it would mean if those Behemoth OXPs were corrected in their own right these overrides might override the corrections.

Author:  Eric Walch [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

I just noticed in my log:
Code:
[plist.parse.failed] OOPListParsing.m:74: Failed to parse /Users/ericwalch/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.4.2.oxp/Config/descriptions.plist as a property list.
Encountered unexpected character - on line 2860
Looking at those lines I see
Code:
-	<key>navySeccomBuoy</key>
-	<array>
-		<integer>-3</integer>
-		<integer>-4</integer>
-		<integer>-2</integer>
-		<integer>0</integer>
-		<integer>-5</integer>
From there on every line starts with a minus symbol. When opening the file with a plist editor, those characters are even ignored and removed on re-saveing. But Oolite in its mac-version refuses to load this plist. (they are probably no minus symbols but other illegal characters represented this way, but at least two different editors show these symbols)

Author:  JazHaz [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

Quote:
I just noticed in my log:
Code:
[plist.parse.failed] OOPListParsing.m:74: Failed to parse /Users/ericwalch/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.4.2.oxp/Config/descriptions.plist as a property list.
Encountered unexpected character - on line 2860
Looking at those lines I see
Code:
-	<key>navySeccomBuoy</key>
-	<array>
-		<integer>-3</integer>
-		<integer>-4</integer>
-		<integer>-2</integer>
-		<integer>0</integer>
-		<integer>-5</integer>
From there on every line starts with a minus symbol.
I can confirm that my copy of 5.4.2 has these minus symbols too!

Author:  Ironfist [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

Those lines also appear in V5.4.1, but do not in versions 5.3.0 and 5.2.2.

Ironfist

Author:  Nemoricus [ Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

Quote:
I just noticed in my log:
Code:
[plist.parse.failed] OOPListParsing.m:74: Failed to parse /Users/ericwalch/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.4.2.oxp/Config/descriptions.plist as a property list.
Encountered unexpected character - on line 2860
Looking at those lines I see
Code:
-	<key>navySeccomBuoy</key>
-	<array>
-		<integer>-3</integer>
-		<integer>-4</integer>
-		<integer>-2</integer>
-		<integer>0</integer>
-		<integer>-5</integer>
From there on every line starts with a minus symbol. When opening the file with a plist editor, those characters are even ignored and removed on re-saveing. But Oolite in its mac-version refuses to load this plist. (they are probably no minus symbols but other illegal characters represented this way, but at least two different editors show these symbols)
Well, this explains why the Navy SecCom buoy wasn't displaying a star like it should. However, I'm using Win7, and here Oolite 1.75.3 seems to have missed that problem entirely.

Anyway, it's been fixed and a new version uploaded. For those people who already have the add-on, the Descriptions.plist is here. Just download it and replace the one in Galactic Navy's Config folder.

Also, can someone update the wiki for me? Preferably by putting in a link to this thread rather than a direct link to the download file? I can't edit the wiki myself still.

Author:  Switeck [ Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

Does anyone see a .git folder inside the Galactic_Navy 5.4.2.oxp folder?

Author:  Nemoricus [ Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

While that should have been deleted, it's harmless and won't cause any problems.

Author:  maik [ Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

Quote:
Also, can someone update the wiki for me? Preferably by putting in a link to this thread rather than a direct link to the download file? I can't edit the wiki myself still.
Just did, both added a link to this thread and updated the download link (kept it for convenience).

Author:  christina [ Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

yeerrrr! great idea Lestradae ... ranking within the navy equal to the elite ratings..

But didnt Frontier have an opposing force?. empire verse imperial ????

we need two navies ,, at war ,, and be able to pick which side to fight for ..or spy on.....

Author:  hayden [ Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

I might be being thick here but trying to find Galactic Navy post to sign up for Reservist Action, trying to compare the picture of navy outposts with the galactic map and struggling - is there easier way of working out where to go?

TIA.

Author:  Disembodied [ Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

This should help:

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Navy_S ... #Locations

Maps and a list of names, too!

Author:  hayden [ Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

Quote:
This should help:

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Navy_S ... #Locations

Maps and a list of names, too!
Gotcha, it makes the map in the readme make sense.

Author:  Svengali [ Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

Quote:
I might be being thick here but trying to find Galactic Navy post to sign up for Reservist Action, trying to compare the picture of navy outposts with the galactic map and struggling - is there easier way of working out where to go?
Phantor Gorth and I are currently working on a new addition for BGS to get the LongRangeChart a little bit closer to Clyms wonderful Vector maps... .-)

Author:  JazHaz [ Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

I'm currently in the system for Sector 7, but I can't find the Secom station on my advanced compass?

Does it have a navigation buoy?

Author:  Smivs [ Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Galactic Navy Strikes Back

If I remember correctly, SecCom stations have an 'S' on the ASC.

Page 14 of 18 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/