Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67
 Post subject: Re: Random Hits OXP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:25 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

New version 1.11.2 is up. Smallish stuff.

* added IDs to mission screens.
* removed a dublicate entry from shipdata.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:00 am 
Above Average
Above Average

I accidentally posted this in the wrong place. I was told to post it here. Voilà!
Quote:
Subject: Random Hits OXP

Hello Commander,

I have been fooling around with Random Hits OXP recently, and I have been having a blast. Just to let you know, though, I think I have found a bug.

If you encounter your target and you kill him/her and he/she doesn't eject, (which has happened to me many times), it is not tracked as a kill. Instead, when you dock with the bar or station, it's still listed as a mission to-do. If you travel back to the target, he/she's still there, and you have to fight all over again.

It'd be really nice if this could be fixed - I've been saving my game a system away from my target's system, going there, praying that he/she ejects, and when he/she doesn't, I revert. Etc, etc.

The game is playable, just annoying. I'm probably doing something wrong. If you know what happened, please let me know.

I'm running Oolite 1.84 on a Mac running OS X 10.11. I'm flying through Soaat (G6) with my current target, but it's happened with every single target I've encountered.

Thanks a billion.

Cheers,

MSA-S23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:10 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Thanks for the report, I'll check it as soon as I have some spare time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:52 am 
Competent
Competent

Hi!
I've been playing "random hits OXP" for a long time, i've done lots of missions including the most difficult ones, but i was reading on wiki that "successful hunters may also be offered special assignments". I've never been offered a "special job".
I would like to know what those special jobs are. Oolite rating: ELITE, Random hits rating: "great one".
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:50 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Sorry to disappoint you, but currently the random missions of three different skill levels are all there is. I've been pondering about special missions though with extremely tough adversaries like the Vortex or Caddie, but haven't done anything about them. Too much other diversions at the moment. Maybe in the future...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:10 am 
Commodore
Commodore

Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...
spara,
I'm seeing these errors popping up in my log from time to time:
Code:
11:58:35.121 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (oolite-random-hits-guard 2.4): TypeError: this.ship.group.leader is null
11:58:35.121 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       c:\Oolite-Trunk/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits.oxz/Scripts/oolite-random-hits-guard.js, line 14.
11:58:35.155 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (oolite-random-hits-guard 2.4): TypeError: this.ship.group.leader is null
11:58:35.156 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       c:\Oolite-Trunk/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits.oxz/Scripts/oolite-random-hits-guard.js, line 14.
11:58:35.198 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (oolite-random-hits-guard 2.4): TypeError: this.ship.group.leader is null
11:58:35.198 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       c:\Oolite-Trunk/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_hits.oxz/Scripts/oolite-random-hits-guard.js, line 14.
I'm not currently doing any RH hits, and actually I got the above errors when starting a new game.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:57 pm 
Competent
Competent

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you, but currently the random missions of three different skill levels are all there is. I've been pondering about special missions though with extremely tough adversaries like the Vortex or Caddie, but haven't done anything about them. Too much other diversions at the moment. Maybe in the future...

Hi! it's not disappointing, i thought something was going wrong and i just wanted to know what was happening.
Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:33 pm 
Deadly
Deadly

Just stumbled across this error message in the debug console:
Code:
Warning: Unknown expansion key [mission_random_hits_criminal_kill_payment] in string.
    Active script: Random_Hits 1.11.2
    script.js, line 1670:
            describe_payment = expandDescription("[random_hits_security_bar_text_describe_payment1]");
Warning: Unbalanced ] in string.
    Active script: Random_Hits 1.11.2
    script.js, line 1670:
            describe_payment = expandDescription("[random_hits_security_bar_text_describe_payment1]");

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

New version (1.11.3) is up.

* Fixed a missionVariable bug in big boss expansions. Thanks to gizmo for reporting.
* Added and updated missionscreen IDs. As per phkb's request.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67