always hard to know how much to add!)
I've had to Write the Friendly Manual in the past. It's a delicate balancing act.
(put this straight into the AddOns folder)
(You'll need to unzip the UPS Courier.oxp folder into your AddOns folder).
You'll need to hide or uninstall the old version before running Oolite. (Sorry if all that help text is obvious to you -
One or both? See, it's not obvious!
So, first step - protect my existing (more or less working) version. Is "/home/~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.EricWalch.UPSCourier.oxz" the right one? Check timestamps, and yes, it's the one I removed and replaced last night. So, I rename that one by appending "-condom" to the name.
Check game. Yes, that's the guilty party, and it's now got some protection on.
Download the oxz file and move to above folder. (Name doesn't match the oolite.oxp.author.name format. I assume you know what you're doing.
Load game and check list of add ons. OK, UPS Courier is now there in the Add On Manager, but "blued" to indicate an updated version. (I also see that "Dictators" has gone blue too. Worry about that later.)
Load the bugged game. Hop from the save location to the delivery system. Dock, trouser 3k€, and move swiftly onwards. Certainly seems to work.
Ah, this doesn't look right. (struggles to remember how to do links to screenshot). Try this.
. The loss of subtle shading doesn't bother me - maybe my graphics card can do better, but I just don't care. But losing half of a planet - that's odd. The starlight terminator is shaded OK, but is the planet truncated along a radius from the star? [Resumes flying] More odd effects
. I installed an update to the "Rings" oxz yesterday, and this looks like a broken ring to me. Probably not your problem. Anyway, fly on and not worry about that.
It's the rings, I'm sure of it - especially since I now see that I've got both version 1.2 and 2.4 of "System Features : Rings" installed. I thought the Add-on Manager would deal with things like that.
The aside into Rings, erm, aside, your UPS fix seems to have caught the bug, and no unexpected behaviour on it's behalf when I move onto my next scheduled stop. But I've got to go and do something productive now, so I'll have to leave it there.
Separate point I hadn't noticed this before - in my "saved game" folder out in /home/~, I've acquired several "save.name.root-borkedPress.oolite-save[6 random Latin characters]" files ; I'm guessing these are temporary files that result from me crashing the game instead of exiting.