Stashes expansion

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

popsch
Above Average
Above Average

Stashes expansion

Post by popsch »

Hi,

Wrote my first OXP. While I'm waiting for access to release it, does anyone want to try it before I can release it? Any feedback is appreciated.

Stashes OXP: https://mega.nz/#!PchnBZ6R!NcONrhSpO-K- ... GbAW7PfsTI

Cheers.

EDIT: updated URL
Last edited by popsch on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Stashes expansion

Post by Duggan »

At the risk of sounding dim,(easily done for me) what is it and what does it do ? :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV

popsch
Above Average
Above Average

Post by popsch »

Duggan wrote:At the risk of sounding dim,(easily done for me) what is it and what does it do ? :)
It's all in the manifest :D

It adds stashes of cargo pods with a proximity warning. Just ignore the warning and see what treat you get. :twisted:

So far there are six different types of stashes, but it's all in array form and trivial to maintain and extend. So ideas are welcome.

Spoiler: It only has 1% * techLevel of chance to appear. If you open the OXP, you can change it by changing this.trapLikelihood. If you want to force it, set this.debugProximityTrap to 1.

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

description = "Adds activities in space: treasure caches, honeypots, abandoned stashes, restricted military airspace, etc.";
Cute.. I like it.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied

Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Layne »

And here from the title I thought this would be an OXP about growing facial hair.

*eyebrow waggle*
Reports of my death have been greatly underestimated.

Hamishthecat
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Hamishthecat »

Has anyone else had problems trying to download this from the download manager? I've tried a number of times but it gets to the end of the download - the full amount of kb's are downloaded - then I just get the error message that the download has failed.

I'm running v1.82 on Windows 7.

Sorry for the lack of other info - I'm stuck bored at work so haven't got any other details to hand.

Thanks

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

That's generally indicative of a certain type of manifest.plist problem.. but I don't recall which one, offhand.

It has actually been downloaded.. but Oolite is refusing to add it to the game. IIRC, Oolite will have stored the downloaded file in GNUstep/Library/Caches/org.aegidian.oolite/

Take a peek inside the OXZ, and you might be able to figure out what's wrong with the manifest.plist.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

I see nothing wrong in manifest.plist so I guess the link provided by dropbox is not enough direct for Oolite.