Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:14 am 
Thargoid
Thargoid

Quote:
FWIW I do get the sense that Thargoid is quite keen to resolve this, but I'm sure he'll comment next time he visits.
Indeed, it's not a sense of urgency per-se, but I'd like to know they're going to good homes, and that if problems do crop up with any of them that there is someone to help out (as I don't have the time any more, hence why I'm giving the things away in the first place). There was something relating to TCAT for example that happened just after I made the original announcement.

Plus as I'm seeing some new stuff in the progress thread which will longer-term definitely affect some of the OXPs (or will allow a lot of potential for new or improved stuff) then it could be simpler for people to know that work is ongoing in that direction, even if the OXZs are fine in their current form for the current release of the game.

And lastly as I don't log in here anywhere near as often as I used to be able to, it makes it simpler for me to maintain the list. Hence why I asked if someone who is here a bit more regularly than me would be willing and able to do that for me, as a list caretaker. That's the one item I'd really like someone to take over, if there is a willing candidate ;)

Thargoid TV
Dropbox Referral Link

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:29 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)
I made a fix on Ring Racer here, I would like to upload into the manager if I get the right.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:43 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Thargoid,

since no-one else has come forward, I'll be happy to watch over for WildShips.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:09 pm 
Thargoid
Thargoid

Quote:
Thargoid,

since no-one else has come forward, I'll be happy to watch over for WildShips.
Thanks - glad it's in such good hands :)

Thargoid TV
Dropbox Referral Link

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:51 am 
Above Average
Above Average

I am interested in Retro Rockets and Cargo Spotter, but I am very new to "the dark side" of Oolite, so someone else may be better-suited.
  • Retro Rockets does not work in Oolite 1.84. I have already modified my local copy some, and it *almost* works correctly. The same is true for the kicker missile in armoury.
  • Cargo Spotter still works great (and I use it all the time), but I would probably release a new version that stays on between launches. Currently, it turns itself off after every launch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:41 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)
Quote:
Cargo Spotter still works great (and I use it all the time), but I would probably release a new version that stays on between launches. Currently, it turns itself off after every launch.
This tweak is for you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:00 pm 
Above Average
Above Average

Thanks Norby, I'll do that. With regard to Retro Rockets, I have an alternative OXP idea that I may create instead: Finite Probability Drive.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:35 pm 
Dangerous
Dangerous

I know this is a little bit of thread necromancy, but i really need to know who would like to help update thargoid gates with me. the models and textures are complete. just need soeone to help do scripts and get them compatible with the newest flavors of the game.

If the textures are not to anyones liking, i am open to suggestions or even help there, but i was trying my best to keep the coloration similar to the original.

i have not opened the blends in a while, but i think the ship in the center of each gate is an anaconda. i think the gates are even large enough to fit behemoths in.