Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:50 pm 
Average
Average

Recently while playing this fabulous port I noticed that my Cobra Mark III's cargo space only has 17t available. Is there any other equipment that would reduce the space if installed? Just wondering... Can't get to the bottom of this. I even corrected the <max_cargo> value back to 35 in my save files. It worked once, but then the cargo max would suddenly drop to 17 again, and fixing this in the savefile hasn't changed anything in the game as of yet. Any help appreciated!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:17 pm 
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Hi, and welcome... it might be handy if you posted the Latest.log so we can see which AddOns are installed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:37 pm 
Average
Average

Quote:
Hi, and welcome... it might be handy if you posted the Latest.log so we can see which AddOns are installed.
Thanks! So, here are the OXP entries from my Latest.log:

~/GNUstep/Applications/Oolite/oolite.app/Resources
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns
AddOns
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.shipset-compatibility.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.Buoy.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Knotty.RealisticStars.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Griff.Griff_shipset_decals.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.comms-pack-a.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.Explosions.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.edgepixel.FontDosis.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.AutoCrosshairs.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.OXPConfig.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HDBG-A.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.ore_processor.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.noshaders_Asteroids.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.market_inquirer.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.TrafficControl.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Rorschachhamster.Satellites.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.better Buoys.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.CommsLogMFD.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.WelcomeMat.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.captsolo.cougar_st1.5.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.Asteroids_resources.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_base.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.random_player-ship_name.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.XenonHUD.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Neo-Docklights.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.z.phkb.XenonUIResourcesJ.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.rings.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Commander_McLane.Randomshipnames.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.LogEvents.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.ShipRespray.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.additional_planets_sr_pack_redux.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.manifest_mfd.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Contracted_Goods_Reminder.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CaptMurphy.ShipStorageHelper.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.TorusToSun.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Untrumbled.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.cim.systemfeatures.sunspots.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.DisplayCurrentCourse.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.IronHide.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.PlanetaryCompass.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.ReverseControl.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.CombatMFD.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.Trails.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.galaxy_names.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.z.phkb.XenonUI.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.LittleBear.AsteroidStorm.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.BGS.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.CommonSenseOTB.SniperLock.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Svengali.CCL.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.navigation_mfd.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Griff.Station_Bundle.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.market_observer.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.MinerCobra.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.PlanetaryCompassPackA.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HUDSelector.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Staer9.Icesteroids.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.audible_docking_clearance.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.classicVarietyPack.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.TAP.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.contractor.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.EmailSystem.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Wildeblood.Undocumented_Launch.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.VariableMasslock.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Disembodied.FreeTradeZone.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Norby.HDBG.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.Delightful Docking.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.ZygoUgo.shadyAsteroids.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.RingRacer.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.additional_planets_sr_others_gas_giants.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.Thargoid.Wildships.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.classicShipyard.oxz
~/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.smivs.ClassicShips(Addition).oxz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:04 pm 
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Moved to Testing and Bug Reports; it is unlikely to be Linux-specific.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:51 am 
Commodore
Commodore

Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...
Charles, do you have any OXP's installed via the "AddOns" folder? On first reading your list of OXP's I can't see anything obvious that might be impacting your cargo space.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:31 am 
Average
Average

Quote:
Charles, do you have any OXP's installed via the "AddOns" folder? On first reading your list of OXP's I can't see anything obvious that might be impacting your cargo space.
Except for an equipment.plist and keyconfig.plist and .keyconfig.plist.swp the AddOns folder is empty. I did not install any OXP's manually but via the game's main menu. I'm running Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" Cinnamon Edition, by the way, if that's of any help.

Meanwhile, the issue has sorted itself out. The only thing I tried was to have my Cobra resprayed back to its default skin. Before I had this red pirate look on. That action did not restore the usual cargo space immediately, but then I left Oolite for a couple hours, checked back in and lo and behold, all of a sudden I had my 35 tonnes back. So I don't know if this has anything to do with your Ship Respray 1.2.1 OXP? Might be worth looking into it. Or possibly Captain Murphy's Ship_Storage_Helper script, the latest version of which apparently dating back to 2012, could have caused any conflicts. Not at all sure.

Thanks a lot for your help, anyway!

Cheers
Charles

Last edited by Charles on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:00 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)
Maybe related with [wiki]Ship Storage Helper[/wiki] due to [wiki]Ship Respray[/wiki] use it to change the ship below you. Please check if you use the latest (v0.28). If yes and you can reproduce the problem then tell me and I will try to make a fix.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:09 am 
Average
Average

Positive: version 0.28. I'm just looking through the Ship_Storage_Helper script file but I am a bit overwhelmed....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:13 am 
Commodore
Commodore

Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...
Ah, a ship respray issue! The red pirate look - you wouldn't know where that came from, do you? I've nosed about in smivs' Classic Ships and Classic Variety Pack, but I can't see any obvious reason why Ship Respray might change your cargo space.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:21 am 
Average
Average

Quote:
Ah, a ship respray issue! The red pirate look - you wouldn't know where that came from, do you? I've nosed about in smivs' Classic Ships and Classic Variety Pack, but I can't see any obvious reason why Ship Respray might change your cargo space.
No, I can't imagine there's any fault in your two little files, then again, I'm not much of a programmer. But it looked comprehensible enough for me understand that I had to dig deeper... into Norby's realm. Ah ah.

By the way, it was the Windows version of Oolite that actually brought me back to Linux. You guys have reopened a whole new world of possibilities in an otherwise restricted world to me. Thanks a million for that!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:25 am 

Quote:
You guys have reopened a whole new world of possibilities in an otherwise restricted world to me. Thanks a million for that!
<buffs nails>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:34 am 
Average
Average

Quote:
Maybe related with [wiki]Ship Storage Helper[/wiki] due to [wiki]Ship Respray[/wiki] use it to change the ship below you. Please check if you use the latest (v0.28). If yes and you can reproduce the problem then tell me and I will try to make a fix.
What about this section (line numbers 104-111) about incrementing the counter:
Code:
storedShipArray.push(equipment); // storedShipArray[7]
	var hold = new Array(17);
	for(counter = 0;counter<17;counter++){hold[counter] = manifest[this.cargoType[counter]];}
	storedShipArray.push(hold); // storedShipArray[8]
	storedShipArray.push(ship.fuel); //storedShipArray[9]
	var passengers = ship.passengers;
	for(counter = 0;counter<passengers.length;counter++)
	{

Last edited by Charles on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:37 am 

Tip: highlight any code you post and hit the Code button.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:27 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Quote:
What about this section (line numbers 104-111) about incrementing the counter
There are 17 cargo types in this.cargoType array defined in line 9 to save your cargo and restore in the new ship (line 488). I think this is not the reason.

The handler codes of cargoSpaceCapacity needed more tweaks to work well with passenger berths, large cargo bay and oxp equipments which need cargo space. I suspect this but I have no idea without exact steps to faliure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:34 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Quote:
Quote:
<Penguinist words>
<buffs nails>
<Slip on wings> ;)