Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 2:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23
 Post subject: Re: The Oolite chatroom
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:20 am 
Average
Average

Yesterday I won the first multi-enemy-fight (6 of them). They were all offender/fugitive, but they didn't attack me. So I rammed one after the other, starting with the smaller ones. It was hard for the shields, and lost few containers, but since no shots were fired, they didn't fight back, strangely. The last two were shot down with lasers, as I feared they were too large for my Cobra. Didn't know this was a working way to switch off enemies! :D

Alex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:49 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

It will be a very long way to go, if you kill by ramming... Nice idea though 8)
I killed some poor sidewinder by ramming yesterday, when I docked on injector speed and suddenly had some oncoming traffic.
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:29 am 
Deadly
Deadly

While ramming targets into death is fun, it's not so much fun beeing rammed. There where situations where I fought of wave after wave of offender fleets. For an instance: Me vs. 8 ships (2 groups), than another group + 1 fugitive (together 5 ships) and than "Oh, come on!" another group. And you know what one son of a (you know what) in a kraite did? Playing Dominion Destroyer vs. Galaxy Class Cruiser with me. The first thing that dude did! :evil

If one of the vessels still has shields left, the impact power should be reduced greatly and they should bounce off. It's fun to ram things out of the way for a couple of minutes, but very frustrating to be instantaneously killed by an npc without your fault.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:11 pm 
Competent
Competent

just read back a couple of pages and heard mention of Braben and Bell. Interesting... but had you not thought about Oolite and the appearance of Elite Dangerous? After Frontier tanked, and i mean TANKED! (I remember it on the Amiga and wish i hadn't) the trail went decidedly cold on the Elite Frontier :lol:

David Braben was a nice bloke from when i met him at the PCW show in about 87/88 for the release of Elite on Amiga/Atari ST. Ian Bell was more reclusive back then and never did the whole PR thang.

I personally believe that Oolite can probably hold itself partly responsible for the existence of ED, by showing the level of interest that still exists for Elite and what could be done with less restraints on time and memory usage, updated storage, distribution methods and having a passionate userbase.

I say partly and of course i mean like about 50% responsible.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has told whoever publishes ED to leave this project alone, as some jumped up law intern might see this as easy meat to make a name for himself. It isn't difficult to find Oolite by searching for Elite!

Look at Nintendo and how petty they have been about their games. dead code bought to life by the large numbers of people using emulators to play old favourites. Cinemaware used to offer their ENTIRE amiga collection FREE on their website, in ADF format, so you could play them on WINUAE. Now, Defender of the Crown and The Three Stooges have had reboots and many other titles are being considered for tweaking for a new lease of life. Removed from their online download section.

just a thought.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:07 pm 
Above Average
Above Average

Biggest. Bounty. Ever.

Don't blow up a Space Bar with a Q-Mine. Just don't.

Cheers,

Ash

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23