Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: sound disables in game
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 am 
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Howdy fellow commanders . Absolutely delighted to be playing this amazing game , previous experience was solely playing on the zx spectrum with a school friend achieving dangerous after goodness knows how long . Totally hooked & love the game to bits but anyway I wont witter too much & get to the point . Playing on an IMAC and for some reason possibly during a frantic pirate battle the sound disabled (this has happened numerous times) it is really frustrating and I don't know how to rectify it other than closing game and starting again . Maybe I have inadvertently pressed an incorrect key but I cannot find any reference to sound on/off . Hopefully someone may know & thanks in advance
Finally I feel I need to come clean due to a minor tinge of guilt . I am a cowardly pirate that tends to pick on lone ships whatever they are irrespective of potential cargo , I rarely take on two friends . I know , I am a bad person but I hope I'm not alone
Great game , thanks again
MKW - Competent :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:24 pm 
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Hi and welocme. Not sure what to tell you about the sound issue. We will probably need a log after a slience event has occurred. Just before sound getting disabled, was there a long pause in the game or something? If it happens again, try to pause the game and go to opitions to see what sound level it reports. Other than that, I am not sure what exactly is happening on Mac, but I don't think it is a case of disabling sound accidentally.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:30 pm 
Deadly
Deadly

Quote:
Finally I feel I need to come clean due to a minor tinge of guilt . I am a cowardly pirate that tends to pick on lone ships whatever they are irrespective of potential cargo , I rarely take on two friends . I know , I am a bad person but I hope I'm not alone
Welcome on board commander,
since my current path is the one of a mercenary and assassin I wouldn't consider you as a bad person. :lol:
The great feature of Ooolite is that, thanks to a lot of OXP's/OXZ's, every player is able to create a personal universe. I could think of a number of them probably will be interesting for you if you intend to follow the carrier of a pirate. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:40 pm 
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Hi and welocme. Not sure what to tell you about the sound issue. We will probably need a log after a slience event has occurred. Just before sound getting disabled, was there a long pause in the game or something? If it happens again, try to pause the game and go to opitions to see what sound level it reports. Other than that, I am not sure what exactly is happening on Mac, but I don't think it is a case of disabling sound accidentally.
Ok many thanks , I can grab a log file as soon as sound goes off & post it . I'm pretty sure it goes off during combat rather than a meandering mid travel pause but will clarify that at next instance .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:43 pm 
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Quote:
Welcome on board commander,
since my current path is the one of a mercenary and assassin I wouldn't consider you as a bad person. :lol:
The great feature of Ooolite is that, thanks to a lot of OXP's/OXZ's, every player is able to create a personal universe. I could think of a number of them probably will be interesting for you if you intend to follow the carrier of a pirate. :wink:
:) still playing the vanilla version but as I get more adventurous I will hit the oxp market . I'm glad I am not on my way to Coventry over the piracy path !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:42 am 
Dangerous
Dangerous

Try to remove obsolete custom sound OXPs such as Halsis.oxp if you have any. I has the same problem on Mac - sound abruptly disabled during the battle and after 10...15 min game freezing.
Now game seems OK. I don't know real reason - removing obsolete problem OXPs, improved game engine or upgrading from OS X version 10.6 to version 10.9.