Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bounty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:02 pm 
Commodore
Commodore

Greetings Commanders,

A few days ago, I was part of an epic Thargoid battle. I wrote about it here and also added a couple of screenshots in a later post.

In those screenshots, you can see that during this battle, I killed quite a number of Thargoid Robot Fighters. The bounty for some of those was 50 Cr. For others it was only 5 Cr. And towards the end, there were a couple that were worth 55 Cr. I also killed three Thargoid Cruisers. Two of them were worth 250 Cr, the last one was 255 Cr.

What would account for those differences?
For the Thargons I could imagine the difference between active robot fighters and mere alien items, but I don't think that's it, because I've gotten 50 Cr bounties for dead robofighters before in interstellar space.
(The Thargoid battle was a reserve duty mission for the Galactic Navy, if that helps explain.)

A total of 55 ships were destroyed (plus one other item), .. Any insights on what other this other item might be?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Bounty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:31 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Hello hoqllnq,

My Understanding is that In fighting usual Pirates , they seem to increase in bounty the more nefarious and killing they are.,, It is conceivable that a Thargoid's bounty increases because before you have defeated it , It has done something to raise it's bounty , for example kill another clean vessel or attacked a police or navy ship...

Post subject: Re: Bounty
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:46 pm 
Commodore
Commodore

Quote:
A total of 55 ships were destroyed (plus one other item), .. Any insights on what other this other item might be?
I have come to find out that the 'other items' are (or at least include) missiles that you destroy using weapons, i.e. not by ECM or by 'catching' it.