Planet textures

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Post Reply
SARR
Competent
Competent
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:32 am

Planet textures

Post by SARR » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:30 am

Hi,

I have a strange problem: When I investigate the jump target planet with f7 I see the textures of this planet in a certain style. But when I jump to this planet, the appearing textures are totally different. When I hit f7 now, the textures there are now corresponding with the textures of the planet I can see in flight. If I jump away and hit f7 again, the textures are once more different............ :?

I have the following oxp installed:

famous planets / povray planets
system redux / demux
extra planets + textures

Anybody git an idea how to solve this?

Greez Sarr

User avatar
onno256
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:31 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Planet textures

Post by onno256 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:46 am

Have the same problem...
Wheeling an' dealing while cruisin' the galaxies

User avatar
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 am
Location: Finland

Re: Planet textures

Post by spara » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:08 am

You'll need to stop SR & SD from setting the main planet texture. Some instructions here. On the other hand, you might want to check Additional Planets oxp, it should should remove the need for SR and SD thus making things simpler.

SARR
Competent
Competent
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:32 am

Re: Planet textures

Post by SARR » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:24 pm

spara wrote:You'll need to stop SR & SD from setting the main planet texture. Some instructions here. On the other hand, you might want to check Additional Planets oxp, it should should remove the need for SR and SD thus making things simpler.
Hi,

I already have "Additional Planets" installed; incuding most of the textures for ist......as far as I understood it only coordinates SR and SD, I do not have to remove them. Or did I missunderstand that?

Greez Sarr

User avatar
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 am
Location: Finland

Re: Planet textures

Post by spara » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:57 pm

With additional planets oxp you only use texture packs made for it. There are packs with SR and SD textures plus more in the thread. You'll run into conflicts if you put in the original SR and SD too.

SARR
Competent
Competent
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:32 am

Re: Planet textures

Post by SARR » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:29 pm

spara wrote:With additional planets oxp you only use texture packs made for it. There are packs with SR and SD textures plus more in the thread. You'll run into conflicts if you put in the original SR and SD too.
well....the latest version of additional planet consists of several single oxp so I cant mit up textures there.....then I downloaded sd, sr and fp again....no change.......I have got no clue at all...... :(

User avatar
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 2553
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 am
Location: Finland

Re: Planet textures

Post by spara » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Not sure where you've gone wrong, but in short:

1. Install additional planets sr base.
2. Install texture packs of you're choice from the links in the additional planets thread
3. Don't install the original sr or sd oxps. They will clash with the additional planets oxp and will also mess with main planet textures, thus clashing with povray oxp

SARR
Competent
Competent
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:32 am

Re: Planet textures

Post by SARR » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:27 pm

spara wrote:Not sure where you've gone wrong, but in short:

1. Install additional planets sr base.
2. Install texture packs of you're choice from the links in the additional planets thread
3. Don't install the original sr or sd oxps. They will clash with the additional planets oxp and will also mess with main planet textures, thus clashing with povray oxp
yesss, it worked. feel invited for a virtual beer :mrgreen:

my fault was that I did not delete sd+sr.....they must have clashed with ap as you supposed.........

anyway.......things look more gloomy now.....I mean the light of the distant sun seems to create a better atmosphere......looks ways better now :wink:

THANKS!

User avatar
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Posts: 13760
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 pm
Location: Corke's Drift
Contact:

Re: Planet textures

Post by Cody » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:33 pm

SARR wrote:I mean the light of the distant sun seems to create a better atmosphere...
<nods> Regardless of which method/OXP is used to position it, a distant sun definitely enhances the feel of the game.
Their dreams a tattered sail in the wind

Post Reply