What I had to do to get it to run to some degree:
- Download the latest debug build of Oolite
- Install the python package manager pip, from Terminal:
sudo python -m ensurepip --default-pip
- Install the Twisted library for python, from Terminal:
sudo pip install twisted
- Install the Service Identity library for python, from Terminal:
sudo pip install service_identity
- Move the Debug.oxp that came in the AddOns folder from the downloaded debug version of Oolite to my local AddOns folder (which did not exist at first, I had to create it) at ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
- Edit the debugConfig.plist inside Debug.oxp to uncomment (remove the two leading forward slashes) the line that reads 'console-host = "127.0.0.1";'
python pySimpleConsole.py. It starts and waits for a connection. I start the Oolite debug build, and the python console tells me "Opened connection to Oolite version 1.90". Sounds good so far, but does not work. The Oolite window remains black, and after waiting some time the python console seems to lose interest, saying "Connection closed with no message." Only then the main screen from Oolite comes up, but Oolite is not connected to the debug console anymore.
I had no luck with with running
python DebugConsole.py. It crashes python, giving the MacOS problem report, and writing "macOS 11 or later required ! Abort trap: 6" on Terminal. I am running MacOS 11.1, so no idea what it wants.
Any idea what I need to being doing differently or in addition?