Oolite beta release 1.75.2 is now available from Oolite.org
Mac users are encouraged to test the built-in updater (select “Check for Updates…” from the Oolite menu, or wait for it to prompt you automatically).
Changes since beta release 1.75.1
- New Linux/POSIX installer.
- Disabled shaders on certain ATi GPUs using Gallium drivers because of crashes.
- Clock adjustments now accumulate in the obvious way (Bug #17969).
- Improved texture filtering for planets and generated emission maps (in non-shader mode).
- Fixed bug where a ship was apparently attacking itself whenever one of its
subentities was taking energy damage.
- Friendly fire between ships in the same group, and between police, military
or thargoid vessels, no longer leads to hostilities.
- Ships following the player through a wormhole now have jump rings.
- Ships with beacon codes now retain them after jumping to a new system. (Bug #18068)
- Fixes to mass-dependent fuel pricing.
- Fixed mouse control starting in yaw mode. (Bug #18052)
- Descriptions.plist strings are now scanned for "%n", which could be used maliciously on GNUstep systems.
- New AI message:
- Various bug fixes, inluding Bug #17916, Bug #17919 and Bug #18083.
shipSpawned() event now fires for the main station.
- Fixed scripted misjumps not working when set from within the
shipWillEnterWitchspace() handler for wormholes created by NPCs.
- NPCs in interstellar space can now jump back to their origin system. (Bug #18082), partial)
- Scripts can no longer give the player an out-of-range target. (Bug #18011)
- Q-mines awarded to NPCs in flight now work. (More accurately, q-mines for NPCs used to be represented internally as
EQ_ENERGY_BOMB instead of
- Intermittent crashes when removing pylon-mounted equipment (http://www.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9761)
- Freeze when script resurrects a ship being killed by a Q-bomb (Bug #18054)
- AI crash triggered by large groups of thargoids (Bug #18055)
- Bugs related to repeated misjumps (Bug #18082)
- Unhelpful docking clearance behaviour changing priorities when a ship is on final approach (Bug #17997)
- Fuel indicator is not drawn correctly in interstellar space (Bug #18097)
- Q-bomb explosions are not drawn properly on some systems (Bug #17276)
- In some conditions, the "break pattern" effect is drawn off-centre.
- Problem with roles of tharglets used as subentities (Bug #17979)
- Problem with frame callbacks and jumps (Bug #17956)