Version 1.35 goes beyond simple emulation: it offers the player the opportunity to fly a variety of craft, to carry passengers and enjoy lucrative cargo contracts. Numerous issues from previous versions have been resolved, and the whole is a smoother, more intense hit of retro-styled space gaming.
Major changes to Version 1.35 from version 1.30:-
• Different ships can now be purchased.
• Many bug fixes (thanks to Peter, Steve, Mad Dan et al. at http://aegidian.org/bb/
• Improvements to HUD graphics.
• Further improvements to the AI.
• Passenger and Cargo contracts available to the player.
• Police and space station graphical improvements.
Download (20.9 Mb) from any of these links:
A patch (700 Kb) to upgrade an installation of version 1.30 or higher to version 1.35 can be downloaded from:
http://www.digitalnervouswreck.com/ooli ... eTo135.zip
A 'lite' version (10.48 Mb with midi music instead of mp3) can be downloaded from:
http://www.digitalnervouswreck.com/ooli ... e_lite.zip
http://homepage.mac.com/aegidian/downlo ... e_lite.zip
Oolite and its source-code are offered for free under a modified BSD license.
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."
Oolite models and gear? click here!